About the Honeywell Instant Alert® for Schools
Keeping parents informed and involved helps to assure student safety and improve student success. With today’s on-the-go lifestyles, it has become more difficult for schools to reach families quickly and effectively. This is why our school has decided to implement a system called Honeywell Instant Alert® for Schools.
Instant Alert for Schools is an essential tool for notification and communication. Within minutes of an emergency, school officials can use Instant Alert to deliver a single, clear message to the students’ parents or guardians by telephone, cell phone, e-mail, pager or PDA in any combination. Instant Alert can also be used to notify you of a school closing due to inclement weather. It’s an equally effective way to keep you informed of everyday activities, such as event times and locations as well as schedule changes.
Instant Alert is Internet based, allowing each family to maintain a secure, password protected online profile. Included in this letter is an instruction sheet for accessing the system and creating your profile. You can log into your profile at any time to update your contact information. Maintaining the accuracy of your profile will increase the ability of the school to keep you informed.
Your online profile will enable you to:
• Input your personal contact information
• Select which type of school information you would like to receive on each of your contact devices
• Add contact information of other caretakers of your children, such as a grandparent or neighbor
The system will be ready for you to use at https://instantalert.honeywell.com. We encourage all of you to take advantage of this opportunity, as we will be utilizing this system for much of our school-to-home communication.
If you need assistance with your profile, please go to https://instantalert.honeywell.com and click on the Help Request link on the lower right hand side of the page, or contact the appropriate school or schools for your child or children. Be sure to set your e-mail spam filter to receive e-mail from Honeywell.com. If you do not have access to a computer, please feel free to come to the school to use our facilities. We hope you enjoy this new service!
Honeywell Instant Alert® for Schools Instructions
Register and create your account
1. Go to the Honeywell Instant Alert for Schools website listed above.
2. If you are not a staff member in the school, click on ‘Parent’ in the New User box.
3. If you are a staff member in the school, use the user name and password given to you by the school.
4. Complete the student information form. Click ‘Submit.’
5. Complete the corresponding screen. Click ‘Submit.’
6. After receiving the Confirmation message, click ‘Proceed’ to get started with Instant Alert.
7. Note: Remember your Login Name and Password so you may use it to update your profile.
View and check details about yourself and your family members
1. Upon successful login, click on ‘My Family.’
2. Click on a parent name to view and edit parent details.
3. Click on a student name to view details about your children enrolled in this school.
Configure alert settings for yourself
1. Click on ‘Alert Setup.’
2. Click on the check boxes to select which alert type you would like to have sent to which device. Click on ‘Save’ when complete.
3. If you would like to add another contact device, select the device type and enter the device details. Select the person to whom the device belongs and click on ‘Add.’
4. For e-mail, text messaging and pagers you may send yourself a test message. Click on ‘Send Test Message’ to send yourself a message.
View History of Alerts
Click on ‘Alert History’ to view Alerts that have been sent to you. Use the calendar icons and ‘Alert Type’ list to filter the Alerts.
Identify key contacts for your children
1. Click on ‘Other Contacts.’
2. Click on ‘Add New Contact’ and complete the form.
3. Click on the ‘Pick Up Rights’ check box if you wish to allow this person the right to pick up your child from school. This person’s name will appear on a report for the school.
4. Click on ‘Save’ when complete.
5. If you would like this person to receive Alerts from the school, return to the ‘Alert Setup’ page to configure this person’s alert settings.